Welcome to our Association website.
The North Roanoke Baptist Association is a fellowship of 65 Southern Baptist Churches located within Nash, Halifax, Edgecombe and Northampton counties and the city of Rocky Mount in north central North Carolina. The strength and ministry effectiveness of the association is determined by the voluntary, cooperative spirit of local pastors and congregations. The association is financially supported by these churches with the desire to focus on a stronger ministry within our community that extends around the world. "The light that shines the farthest, shines brightest at home." (Pioneer Missionary, C. T. Studd)
Our ministry goals are established by fulfilling the needs of member congregations as we work together in fulfilling the Great Commandment (Matt. 22:37-39) and the Great Commission (Matt. 28:19-20) of Christ. Association ministry benefits churches in many ways including:
- Development of an outward ministry focus that contributes to congregational health;
- Connection to ministry needs and opportunities for service;
- Training, equipping and encouragement of congregations and leaders;
- Sharing of ministry resources to promote effective stewardship and mutual support;
- Multiplication of ministry effectiveness through joint projects and special events;
- Fulfillment of a specific ministry vision by using its strengths in a cooperative effort;
- Establishment of a stronger, corporate Christian witness within the local community;
- Promotion of a balanced local, regional and global ministry for every church (Acts 1:8).
Every congregation in the North Roanoke Association has a part in strengthening churches; sharing Christ daily through partnerships with local Christian ministries; and in the planting of new congregations. Because the need for Christ is universal; the challenge of ministry is great; and its significance is eternal -- we chose to serve Him together.
Pray for Melinda King, wife of Jimmy King (S. Rosemary). She has had a knee replacement.
Pray for Tony Russ (Memorial, Interim) he has suffered a "chainsaw accident" while cutting trees.
Union has called a bi-vocational pastor, Rev. Ray Barnhill who has been their Interim Pastor in the previous months. His effective work date is March 10, 2014.
Pray for Dennis Joyner, former pastor of Maranatha as he recently lost his mother.
If you know of prayer needs, please contact the office through email or phone us 252-443-3883.
Check out the Baptists On Mission site for more updates and requests received for help in the aftermath of storms, tornadoes, flooding, etc.
Philippine Update Check out the latest information http://www.baptistsonmission.org/Projects/Type/Disaster-Relief/Philippines
Many more volunteers are still needed! Please go to the "volunteer Now" tab to sign up to help. How you can help: